This year, an unique show will be held at the 60th annual Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion & Stampede from today until the 27th of July at Austin, Manitoba.
They will be commemorating the First and Second World Wars in displays, exhibits, and musical performances in the “Manitoba’s Military Heritage”. It will commemorate the impact of the 100th Anniversary of the First World War and the 75th Anniversary of the Second World War on Manitoba farms, families and communities.
The feature attraction will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience that includes many unique features such as
•Manitoba’s largest assembly of operating vintage military vehicles, including 1 of 2 operating First World War era Sherman tanks in Canada and a motorized First World War field ambulance
• Live daily presentations of Life in the Trenches for a First World War soldier at 11 am and 3:30 pm
• Displays of the current and heritage capabilities of Canada’s Armed Forces from 1 RCHA and 2 PPCLI from CFB Shilo.
• Exhibits on important Manitoba military sites, people and units stationed in Manitoba
• Daily fashion show of military uniforms and civilian dress from the war years at 4 pm
• Musical performances from the RCAF Air Command Band (Friday and Saturday) and the PPCLI Regimental Drum Line (Saturday only)
Go to their website at http://ag-museum.com/